You should be disciplined and self-motivated, require little direct supervision, and be capable of meeting tight development schedules and milestones.
You should be comfortable working with various development practices drawn from the scrum/agile continuum, and able to communicate well via IRC/Slack, email and other online channels.
Required technical skills and experience:
- Capable of producing well-tested, documented, maintainable code from design documents and group discussions
- Comfortable taking part in design reviews and code reviews as a means of achieving high code quality and maintainability
- Experience developing software in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience using version control systems, bug ticketing systems, and other common software development infrastructure
- Excellent written and spoken English communications skills
If you really want to impress us, you might also have one or more of the following:
- Experience writing software in other languages, particularly Python
- An educational background related to software development, software engineering, or information technology
- Experience working with multiple languages, development frameworks, and other software development tools
- Experience with relational databases and writing complex queries in SQL
- A passion for new music
We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
Please note that successful applicants will be asked to complete a test by email before consideration for an interview.
We welcome all applicants, but regret that we are unable to respond to everyone
individually. To apply, please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you would be good for the role by email to email@example.com. Please note that applications missing either CV or cover letter won’t be reviewed.
Strictly no agencies.
Background: FATdrop is a pre-release music promotion platform for record labels and PR companies. Bootstrapped on principle and fiercely independent, we are a small, dynamic team and continuously look for ways to improve our working practices and services.